Our Blog

On Quality, Management and Thought Processes

The 95% Solution

Organizations don’t need structured management systems. Hard work, knowledge and experience will make organizations work effectively. In the old days we never had all of these systems and procedures and instructions and we got the job done. This is true. If your objective is to do things right 95% of the time. But what about the other 5%? Management systems…
Read More The 95% Solution

Why ISO Systems Fail

Why don’t managers and senior managers embrace ISO 9001 systems? Why do so many organizations provide only lip service to the requirements of their quality management systems? The answer: “The HÄAGEN-DAZS® Ice Cream Problem.” A presenter at a large conference held up a half gallon container of HÄAGEN-DAZS® French Vanilla, Ice Cream, and asked the audience, “What is this?” The…
Read More Why ISO Systems Fail